Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tour de Fleece Day 1, 2012

I decided to start with the Sea Glass bfl fiber.  Found a good explanation of 3 ply fractal spinning by Alison Russell and away I went.
Divided the fiber lengthwise into 3 sort of even snakes.  Yesterday I spun the first snake as is, just with some widthwise pre drafting, into a 40 wpi single.  I expected it to take me forever but really, it was only a few hours.  I think I spent more time learning to use one of Jim's prototype wheels than making the thin singles.
So 1.5 oz is done.  I have no idea how much yardage I got but whatever it is is what I will go with on a pair of socks down the road.

Love Tour de Fleece - nice fun concentrated time of spinning and talking with other spinners.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I'm spinning a soft thick woolen yarn. What is the Tour doing to us?!?!?

Susan (and SmokeyBlue in spirit) said...

Turning us 180 degrees?