Saturday, May 9, 2009

To CT

Today was a perfect day for a drive, high 60's/low 70's with light clouds, little sun.   Perfect.

On Route 17E, near Roscoe, is a Rest Stop right at the beginning of the Catskill Preserve.
I stopped to pee and take a walk down to the Willowemoc Creeek.


The creek was roaring by 

while the wildflowers just sat there waving in the light breeze.
Strawberries, meadow rue, violets and red trillium.
Then I continued on my way through the Catskill Mountains, across the Hudson River and eventually into CT.   All the while listening and laughing to Dog On It.   If you love dogs and like mysteries this is a hoot.  The entire story is told by the dog, from a dog's point of view.   

As I drove further east the greens became even more full and intense.  Glorious!

Tonight I am completing a Toiletry Bag.

No comments: