Friday, June 13, 2008

Are guys born this way?

Just wanted to let you all know that the guy with the fix-it genes returned from the Adirondacks yesterday.  Today he went to tackle the AC unit.  

First he wanted me to let it run for a while because he said it sounded like something was rubbing and maybe it was a chipmunk nest which would rub away with time.  So I went back to packing up orders with a loud whine in the background.  A few minutes later I heard a loud noise.  Jim was hitting on the side of the thing.  Really banging it.  The whine did lessen a bit. Then he hits it again and again and again. With each hit the sound got less until finally it was a regular AC noise.
HUH?
OK- here is his reasoning.  He knew the noise was from rubbing, not lack of oil.  He can tell things like that.  People call and he listens to the noise of their spinning wheel on the phone and can tell them what to do to make the noise go away.

Then he remembered that in the winter, when all those heavy branches fell, that one 'rested' on the AC unit.  That meant that something inside had gotten skewed so he decided that hitting it from the other direction would unskew it.  And it did!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for handy husbands. I used to have one that could fix anything. I thought cars talked to him because he could listen to one for five minutes and know exactly what was wrong. My present hubby is pretty helpful but he is mostly a carpenter guy. If it can be fixed with a hammer he is good to go. He makes me laugh everyday though and there is a lot to be said for that.

JD said...

I seriously think that some special penis bearers (and some special non-penis bearer) really do have this gene. My dad and wonderful hubby have this gene too.