Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thrilled

On October 13 I mentioned a pattern of mine was accepted by Knitter's Magazine.  I had very little time in which to modify the pattern to their specs, knit it up in their nummy yak blend yarn, rewrite the pattern and get it back to them.  I was so excited although the mad rush turned out to be not fun.  However short deadlines can be met if one does not need much sleep or a social life is my humble opinion.  The time limit was met with a day or two to spare. Whew!

and then I heard nothing, nada, zilch, zero.

From that evidence (lack of evidence?) and earlier submissions I deduced that this group is not big on communication so just let it go.  I figured if they wanted something changed or hated what I did I would hear something (or not).  Nor does this magazine seem to have a fixed publication schedule so thinking I might know something by a certain date was not an option either.

However in yesterday's mail, this arrived.

Now I guess I can say the item has beads (lots of beads), is an accessory and will appear in the Winter K105 issue.


I am more than thrilled!!


1 comment:

Jane said...

Congratulations, Susan! I'll be looking for that issue!