Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chicken Tea Cozy - Done on Time

I have been remiss.  What with snow storms, the Iditarod (of which Jim and I are fanatical voyeurs) and knitting like a fiend, this blog has been neglected.  Well and plus the not so fun fact that our internet reception has been in the toilet for over 2 weeks.  They are working on the towers now and I can already see the reception and speeds increasing. The fun, delightful, enjoyable tea cosy was really completed by February 25 so the first Holiday present was done within my new limits.

If you are seeing this for the first time, please go here for the back story.


Check out these cute details.
The head even has wattles done with nice short rows.  The eyes are beads.

And the tail is just tooo tooo cute.  I added the braided feathers on my own.


The cosy is positioned on one of my teapots and it works just fine.

Liz doesn't read this blog, as far as I know, so I am not hurting the surprise.  Although the only hard part  of this new habit is not being able to give it to her right away.  Darn that postponing of gratification stuff.


No comments: