Monday, August 10, 2009

Proud Gramma

I live on the opposite coast from my incredible son, delightful DIL and their 3 amazing children.  I miss them bunches but one of the plusses of the internet is receiving pictures and news from California close to when things are happenin'.

This past weekend my 15 year old granddaughter, Alicia Irie who has been loving and playing soccer forever, participated in a Youth Soccer Tournament (under 16 years old, Division 3 high competition).  Her team the, Livermore Elite Earthquakes, did magnificently.  They played 4 games over 2 days and came out well.


The last game went into double overtime. Alicia made some amazing game saving stops. The game went into penalty kicks and my granddaughter stopped two shots to win the game!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for soccer!! I thoroughly enjoyed all the years Nate played soccer. He's still playing even as a graduate student. Jenny