Little did I know what a portend that was.
About midnight when I was merely about 120 iterations away from completing the skirt I had a brainstorm. Before even completing the I-cord cast-off I wanted to see just how the skirt might look. There were enough stitches off the needles to allow for that neat sneak peak. So I spread the skirt on the table and it was HUGE. Really HUGE. How could that have happened? Was I just too tired and not seeing correctly? No the circumference was really really big. I had planned for some flounce but when I started analyzing the results I realized that the flounce was only meant to be 3-4 inches but now it was 9.5 to account for the extra length I misread. Sigh. Midnight is not the time to make big decisions. But I was now not at all sleepy either so I left the skirt to sit and watch an episode of The Closer. When I got back to it there was no difference but I was tired enough to sleep.
I woke up several times to relook, each time nothing had changed. I guess I was hoping my view might change or my reaction - something. Nope. Even this morning at 7 it looked too big and bulky.
However this morning I also could think more rationally. OK, so I submitted a piece to be done in sport weight yarn and they changed it to worsted making for automatic bulkiness. Also when I lengthened the third tier got elongated. I could now see how out of proportion it was. The second tier should be way longer and the third back to 3-4 inches. sigh. Major sigh.
So I fed Basel and the kitties and the bunnies and went to put out the new fly catcher thingie which really does keep flies away from the buns. You know the kind you fill with water and dump in the magnet smelly stuff? The old one was so full of dead smelly flies that it split when I lifted it. Dead smelly flies all down one leg, into my expensive Alegria clogs and all over the top of the bunny run. DISGUSTING is too mild a word. After I cleaned it all up I roamed the fresh smelling yard getting rose, berry, apple and Bee Balm branches for the buns. On my way back to the bunnies I saw that the new, just put out, fly catcher thingie had separated from its top and spilled all over the spot I had just cleaned up. Seems the screw on cap is not quite right so doesn't stay on. Made in China is starting to mean no quality control. Not my morning.
I had something cool to drink, had an attitude adjustment and looked at the skirt again. It had not changed and neither had my opinions. OK. Frogging time. UNknitting. Good thing most of the ends are left for tying at the end or it might have been a nightmare with 4 colors.
Several days of knitting now looks like this.
(I figure grayscale reballed yarn is not giving anything important away.)
The last time I frogged this piece it was 5 rounds from done, this time on the last round. Hopefully now it actually gets completed to my satisfaction.