Monday, November 28, 2011

OMG


Coming up:
Tuesday: The President will host Prime Minister Mark Rutte of the Netherlands for a meeting in the Oval Office.
Wednesday: The President will travel to Scranton, Pennsylvania where he will deliver remarks urging Congress to act to extend and expand the payroll tax cut that has given tax breaks to millions of families across the country this year. In the evening, the President will travel to New York City where he will attend campaign events.
Thursday: The First Family will attend the National Christmas Tree Lighting on the Ellipse.
Friday: The President will host the White House Tribal Nations Conference at the Department of the Interior and deliver remarks.

And guess where I will be?  Yup.  I have been given one of the few Ithaca tickets to this Scranton event. Be still my heart.  4 of us from Ithaca and 10 from Syracuse have been rewarded for our volunteer efforts with access to this closed event.
We will carpool down there, attend the speech and then have a NY/PA OFA meeting before returning home.  I am bringing my digital camera and my iPod and my knitting and my First Lady of Fabulous tote bag. 
 If I can get a pic of my socks-in-progress with Obama that would be a lifetime dream come true.  However I know there is scant hope of getting that close but they are coming along just in case.  Maybe I can dangle them in the forefront of a picture?

No comments: